AboutProfessional background, writing samples and contact information
I have held key management positions in the communications and marketing realms, which have allowed me to explore many organizational profiles and strategies. Chief among these were my responsibilities as VP Communications at Newad; Senior Communications Advisor at Gesca (La Presse, dailies, TV); Head of Communications at TVA Group, TVA International and Motion International; Senior PR Officer for the Montreal International Jazz Festival and the FrancoFolies de Montréal; Editor-in-Chief of Nightlife magazine and Assistant Editor at quarterly publication Forces.
Copywriting, training and World Press Photo
As a copywriter since 2011, I’ve written for over 300 brands, agencies and organizations that operate in numerous innovative sectors across Quebec and Canada. Parallel to this, I am also the General Manager of the World Press Photo Montreal exhibition, which welcomes over 55,000 visitors each fall to Bonsecours Market, and an instructor at the Infopresse Campus.
Rates & Portfolio
To inquire about my freelance copywriting rates and to receive a portfolio of my work, do not hesitate to write or call me!
Op-eds and interviews for Infopresse
- Working with people I admire (interview with Marie-Pier Beaulieu)
- The power of content (interview with Justine Pierrot)
- Media relations: Being influential and measuring outcomes
- Media relations: The keys to a successful campaign
About my novel L’angoisse du paradis
In late 2015, I released the novel L’angoisse du paradis with publisher Marchand de feuilles. In 2017, I was awarded the ADELF-AMOPA first French-language novel prize, was a finalist for the Senghor prize (attributed to a first French-language and Francophile novel) and shortlisted for the Chambéry first novel prize.
“It’s extremely funny, I thoroughly enjoyed.”
– ICI Radio-Canada Première (radio), review by Ogden Ridjanovic
“Yann Fortier’s debut novel reaches dizzying heights before charging back down at full speed, without ever letting up. We come out of the experience dishevelled, dizzy, intoxicated.”
– L’actualité (magazine), review by Martine Desjardins
“L’angoisse du paradis proves to be a deliciously absurd and fabulously intelligent mosaic, brought to life with beautiful lyricism and twisted overtones. A pleasure to read, most refreshing.”
– Les Libraires (magazine), review by Chantal Fontaine
“A completely unrestrained first novel.”
– La Presse (daily), interview by Mario Cloutier
“Open to the world.”
– Huffington Post (web), interview by Samuel Larochelle
“A Bowie-esque novel”
– La librairie francophone (Radio, FranceInter/RTBF/RTS and ICI Radio-Canada), interview by Emmanuel Khérad
“An inventive debut novel swarming with details, remarkably written with a splash of subtle irony.”
– Nightlife.ca (web), review by Roxanne Rheault-Leblanc
“His relationship to stories and words is one of great pleasure—a playful perspective that informs his clever and eloquent prose. A naturally gifted writer, he is alrea y putting those skills to use on a second novel and, let’s hope, many more to follow.”
– Page page Page (web), review and interview by Camilla Sironi